Slovak Disability Council
How can it help you
If you are a person with disability, be it of mental or physical character (visually or hearing impaired, deaf-blind, autist, physically disabled etc.), the Slovak Disability Council advocates your rights and can protect your interests in the society.
- Commenting draft legislation concerning the rights and living conditions of persons with disabilities, their full integration into the society and their social rehabilitation
- Cooperating with the competent state and self-government authorities in order to improving the status of persons with disabilities and better implementing the related legislation into practice
- Organising awareness raising activities, expert meetings, training and educational activities
- Dissemination of relevant information on the related regulations to member organisations, persons with disabilities themselves, members of their families, employers and general public
- Engagement in the work of international organisations, especially taking part in the activities of the European Disability Forum